Outreach in Our Community
Through partnerships with local agencies, non-profit organizations, and our own initiatives we share God’s love to those in need here in our community.
On four Saturdays, once a quarter, we offer 6-8 different opportunities to serve needs in our community. We serve in places like:
- Homeless shelters for men and women
- Elderly Care facilities
- Habitat for Humanity (Restore)
- Clothing Distribution Center
- Family Services (for those with mental challenges)
- Food Distribution Centers
- Adopt a Highway
To find out more information about Serve Saturday dates and projects please contact our Connections Pastor, Barb Wilkinson
Community Outreach Events
In addition to Serve Saturdays, our church also hosts various other community outreach events designed to share God’s love and good times with our neighbors. Scheduled events include:
- Life-sized Board Game (Spring)
- Taste Of Germantown (Spring/Summer)
- Photo Scavenger Hunt (Summer)
- 5K Fun Run/Walk (Fall)
- Christmas Party at Seneca Heights Apartments (Winter)
- Martin Luther King Volunteer Day (Winter)
- Benefit Concerts/music events
For more information about how you can get involved with these events please contact our Connections Pastor, Barb Wilkinson
If you can’t wait for the next Serve Saturday, contact one of our community partners and set up a time to volunteer. We work with:
Prepare lunch or do crafts/music with mentally challenged adults/children.
Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless
Men’s homeless shelter plus other services to the poor.
Seneca Heights Apartments
Programs for families and after school tutoring needed.
Contact Endrias Afework (director)