- Where did you grow up? Born in Cincinnati, Ohio – my family went to Japan when I was seven and lived there until my Senior year of high school.
- How did you become a part of JC? In 2000, we felt that God wanted us to plant a new church in an influential metro area on the East Coast and He led and helped us form a great team that launched Journey’s Crossing on October 21st, 2001.
- Favorite book(s)? Stuff by God (The Bible), Seth Godin, Andy Stanley, Guy Kawasaki, Tolkien, CS. Lewis, I enjoy fantasy, sci-fi, mystery-thrillers and love great books on leadership, the church, marketing and design.
- What's on your iPod? Chris Tomlin, Bill Withers, Switchfoot, Jack Johnson, Matt Redman, Coldplay, Wilco, Supertramp, Miles Davis, U2, John Coltrane, Earth, Wind and Fire, Queen
- Favorite vacation spot? Anywhere remote, unspoiled and non-touristy. Preferably warm and close to salt water.
- Favorite food(s)? Japanese, Indian, Thai and French. Sushi. Asian-Fusion.
- Favorite pastime(s)? Cooking. Drawing and Designing. Laughing. Building. Writing. Team Building
- Favorite movie tagline? "But how can you talk if you haven't got a brain?" "I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, now don't they? - Judy Garland and Ray Bolger, "The Wizard of Oz"
- Favorite TV show? 24, Top Chef, No Reservations, Lie to me, CSI, Kitchen Nightmares
- Favorite pro/college sports team(s)? Yankees, Redskins and NY Giants.
- Favorite band(s) or music group(s)/artist(s)? Wilco, Coldplay, U2, Bill Withers, Miles Davis
- Who's your hero? Besides Jack Bauer?
- What is one unique fact about yourself? I was in a Japanese motorcycle gang.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Japan, New Zealand and Peru.